Skolyx Premium sneaker in black suede
When developing our range of premium sneakers, we've taken all our shoe knowledge and gone into every detail of the shoes, to get specifications that are absolute world class. Here's a version of the minimalist sneaker in black suede with matching sole, a classy shoe model with character. Like all our sneakers, with an all-natural vegetable tanned leather interior.
The shoes are built with a so-called "sidewall stitched" sole construction which allows the shoes to be resoled by a cobbler with the right equipment, which together with parts like a real leather midsole (instead of the paperboard that is otherwise standard), these shoes can last you a long time. The sneakers are made exclusively for Skolyx by a factory in Portugal.
Below all the details of the shoes:
- High quality calf suede uppers.
- Fully lined in Italian vegetable tanned leather which is kind to the foot and breathes well.
- A thick built-up and cushioned insole, covered with vegetable tanned leather.
- Comfortable padding along the opening and in the tongue.
- Durable and comfortable cup rubber soles.
- Leather board heel stiffeners that moulds nicely to the foot, instead of plastic heel stiffeners which are by far the most common in sneakers.
- Midsole (which is like a base inside the shoe under the removable insole) in more durable leather, instead of being made of a felt cloth or cardboard as in almost all other sneakers.
- Shank in arch of the foot which gives the shoe comfortable stability in the area that is not supposed to bend.
- Made with a sidewall stitched construction, which can be resoled by cobblers with the right equipment.
Take care of your sneakers with high-quality sneaker care products, here you find the full range that we offer. It's also recommended to use shoe trees in cedar wood in your leather sneakers, it helps them retain their shape and dry properly. More info on shoe care in the tab below.
Our sneakers are normal in size, comparable to most other sneakers. More info on sizes in the tab below.
General size info
Our sneakers, trainers and runners are normal in size, most people have the same size as they have in other sneakers. If you are choosing between two sizes, it's usually best to go for the larger size. Keep in mind that you can adjust the size by changing the insole, either by replacing the relatively thick insole with a thinner one (like this one) to make more room, or by inserting a thin insole (like this one) under the existing insole of the shoe to fill it up. If you think the shoes are small, test removing the insole to get a feel for how one size up feels. Compared to our Goodyear welted shoes, these are small in size, it's common to go up 0.5-1 size compared to what you have in welted footwear.
Selecting size based on feet measurements
Although the shape of your feet is very important, in many cases you can calculate your shoe size by measuring the length of your feet and look at the chart below. If you have very wide feet, an extra high instep or similar, you should also consider this and look at the other ways to calculate your size as well. Of course, personal taste is also something that is important. Some people prefer snug shoes while others prefer more roomy.
Measure your feet with your heel against a wall and with a tape measure or a ruler lying on the floor (so not by drawing the foot and then take measurements). Here's a picture that explains it further. The measurements in the chart below are approximate, and are only intended as guidance and not fact.
Selecting size based on shoe measurements
If you want to compare the measurements of our sneakers with other shoes you have, you can look at the chart below. Note that there may be some differences between sneakers, trainers and runners, the measurements are approximate. The width refers to the widest part of the shoe. When comparing with other shoes, it may also differ due to the shape of the toe, the design of the sole and so on. Only use this as guidance.
Additional guidance and advice on sizing
We have many years of experience in providing guidance and advice on fit and sizing, if you want personal service or more measurements and information, you are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.
Basic shoe care:
- Avoid wearing the same pair two days in a row. Shoes need time to dry up, otherwise they will wear out faster.
- Brush / wipe off your sneakers after use to remove dirt that otherwise will increase wear and tear.
- Use shoe trees and a shoehorn to retain the shape of your shoes and make them last longer.
- Treat leather with shoe cream or a moisturising conditioner / suede and textiles with waterproofing spray
- Something that makes a big difference to the overall impression is a sole edge dye that restores the sole edge, here we have Tarrago Sneakers Total White for white and Total Black for black.
More on these general advice in this guide.
Further info on cleaning and care:
When your shoes are really dirty, clean them with a good shoe cleaner, like Tarrago WASC! Sneakers Super Cleaner (always use shoe cream / conditioner on leather or waterproofing spray on suede after cleaning them).
Read this guide for more detailed information and video on how to clean and care for your sneakers.
We ship worldwide with express deliveries.
Sweden, Denmark, Finland with PostNord: 1-3 business days delivery
Free shipping from 399 SEK in Sweden, free shipping from €80 to Denmark and Finland.
EU, Switzerland and Norway with DHL Express: 1-4 business days delivery
Free shipping from €80 in all countries.
USA. with DHL Express 1-3 business days delivery
Free shipping from $300. We deduct VAT on all orders outside the EU. There will be no extra custom charges etc. if the order is below $800.
Rest of the world with DHL Express 1-4 business days delivery.
We ship worldwide and deduct VAT on all orders outside the EU. Shipping cost depends on country of destination.
Add a product to cart and choose your country in checkout (if not already pre-chosen) and reload the page to see the exact cost to your country.
You may return or exchange whole or part of your order if you notify us within 14 days after you received your products. Return costs is covered by you, shipping of exchange products is covered by us.
To read more about shipping and returns click here.
You might also like